FYI: GameDev.net Has Moved to HTTPS
  Posted by , 02 Jan 2017
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

See all related:
Latest Member Activity
Developer Journal - 1 day, 14 hours ago
Weekly update #7 - By Ph4nt0m
GUI System  The Unity’s GUI system is a bit rough – if you use plenty of OnGUI() calls in your scripts the performance of your game gets really clunky. The IMGUI system (or normally referred...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 49 minutes ago
Skeletons go down! - By Polydone
But not without a fight... A bit of gameplay video + code snippet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHl86-s3qVY Sunday was to be the big day when I finally killed the first skeleton. Then I move...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 5 hours ago
Magic Item Tech, persistent. - By Spidi
Hello everyone! Even though a lot of indie game developers put together a "year in review" posts by the end of December, I haven't written in a while. Sorry for that, but the last few months o...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
Om Module system - By Aardvajk
Thought I'd try blogging about this before I started implementing anything to try to get it straight in my head. I've decided to change how the Om module system works a little, based on playing aro...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Om - postponing the worry - By Aardvajk
I've decided to just postpone worrying about cycles and memory leaks in Om for the time being. I may have to address this in the future, but for now I've discovered that there are actually so many...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
Weekly update #6 - By Ph4nt0m
SHACKS AND BUZZARD – from concept to game implementation  http://i0.wp.com/floatlands.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/shacks-lowpoly-floatlands.png   SHACKS This week we worked on new s...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
Towards The Pantheon Devlog #15: Speedsters, Cards, and Combos - By ConnorORT
Happy new year everybody! It's time for Towards The Pantheon 's 15th devlog. You can find previous ones at http://www.towardsthepantheon.com/index.php/development-history/ .  Let's start with...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
Mission Control - Om has a problem. - By Aardvajk
I realised today why JavaScript doesn't have deterministic destruction. Thought I was so smart basing Om around it. Cycles. If one object A references an object B and B references A, Om w...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 6 days ago
The Om Programming Language :) - By Aardvajk
The Om Programming Language :) Rather a long journal entry today. I hope that someone sticks with it as I'm really getting quite excited about how my scripting langauge is starting to develop now....
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 13 hours ago
Deer and time for GUI - By Ph4nt0m
DEER-IN-ACTION  http://i2.wp.com/floatlands.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/screenshot209.0177.png Deer (both cubs and adults) can be found in normal and snow biomes  Hey guys! Last w...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Get work done and kill a skeleton - 2017 New Year's Resolution - By Polydone
Since my last post I've unfortunately had a pretty quiet period without getting much work done on the project. I simply wasn't able to find the motivation to get things done.I recently got a new da...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
"instancing" with DX9 - By Norman Barrows
The new PC has arrived (i7-6700K, GTX1080), and I'm starting on the final graphics for the game. Better grass plants were one of the first things. The placeholder graphics were ultra-low-poly,...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 3 days ago
Om script - template special :) - By Aardvajk
Following on from my last entry where i "discovered" you could use templates to provide a common interface to two unrelated classes, I've now implemented this technique in Om, my scripting compiler...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 4 days ago
Weekly update #5 - By Ph4nt0m
PROCEDURAL ALGORITHM IMPROVEMENTS AND OPTIMIZATIONS The nature of Floatlands is now more believable for every island possible, it can now spawn dense forest or a huge area of nothingness. Anothe...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 15 hours ago
Compile time "polymorphism" - By Aardvajk
So here is something I just discovered I can do in C++ that I didn't know about. template<class T> class wrapper{public: wrapper(const T &t){ } int length() const { return -1; }}...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 15 hours ago
Om scripting revisited - By Aardvajk
Howdy. Been quiet for a while but have been getting back into my scripting language compiler/virtual machine. No particular reason, just has grabbed my attention for the last few weeks. T...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 days ago
Weekly update #4 - By Ph4nt0m
DECORATIONS AND VEGETATION CHANGES  This week I took the time to optimize island generator so that an island can be procedurally (re)generated in the background, it takes around 2 – 3 seconds...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 6 days ago
Weekly update - By Ph4nt0m
PROCEDURAL WEATHER SYSTEM As I mentioned it in a previous blog post Floatlands has now its own procedural weather system. That means it can be reproduced and tweaked alot. It is also voxel based...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 week ago
Towards The Pantheon Devlog #14: Night Skies And Snowfalls - By ConnorORT
It's time for Towards The Pantheon 's 14th devlog! You can find previous ones at http://www.towardsthepantheon.com/index.php/development-history/ . Let's start with pixel art. Leandro has been...
Multiverse: Cosmic Conquest Tutorial - battles and exploration - By LeandroTok
Episode 5 of our tutorial series on how to play Multiverse: Cosmic Conquest is out!  In this episode we look at how battles work and how to explore and conquer the galaxy with units and s...
We had our first live Multiverse TCG tournament! - By LeandroTok
We had our first ever live Multiverse: Cosmic Conquest tournament on OCTGN and it was a blast!  https://tokartsmedia.com/updates/item/190-multiverse-tcg-tournament-livestream-1-december-4th-20...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Multiverse TCG tutorial: Game Zones & Parts of the Turn - By LeandroTok
Part 4 of our tutorial on how to play Multiverse: Cosmic Conquest is up!This time we explore all the zones in the game and what they do, as well as the progression of a turn. https://tokartsme...
Weekly update - By Ph4nt0m
LOD, DRAW DISTANCE AND CULLING SYSTEM I’ve been working on some optimization already, making a flawless LOD, draw distance and culling system. There is still more work to be done, but for now I...
Multiverse tutorial part 3: Card Types and Parts of a card - By LeandroTok
Episode 3 of the video tutorial series on how to play Multiverse: Cosmic Conquest is out on YouTube! In this episode we learn about card types and look at a card in detail, examining all of it...
We're releasing a tutorial series on how to play the game - By LeandroTok
We’re releasing a tutorial series on how to play Multiverse: Cosmic Conquest TCG. As of now it consists of just 2 videos, but videos will be added every 2-3 days. This series will tell you every...