Posted by , 02 Jan 2017
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

Single page

• You cannot start a new topic

See all related:
Latest Member Activity
Developer Journal - 5 days, 8 hours ago
EnvelopVR goes out of business! - By slayemin
Last month I said: The big news of the week in the VR industry is that EnvelopVR has shutdown. I was 95% certain this would happen to them and they were the first local company that came to mi...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Spellbound: December Update - By slayemin
Game Status: Where is the game at today? I have nearly finished working on a major update. Customers are starting to ask about it. I'm a bit nervous about releasing it because I'm worried that peop...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 5 days ago
GameDev.net Has Moved to HTTPS - By Khawk
GameDev.net has officially moved to HTTPS . In the process we beefed up our security - we now earn a Grade A rating on https://www.ssllabs.com . What does this mean for you? Privacy - ISP's...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Spellbound: November Update - By slayemin
The month of November has been another hard month to get through. December will be harder and I can't afford presents this year. I have been making mediocre progress on integrating Oculus Rift...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 weeks ago
New GameDev.net Skin - By Khawk
You may have noticed things look... different. It all started so innocent. We needed to update a couple things, and we did. But while we were doing that we thought, "oh, why not address this part t...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 1 week ago
Changes to GDNet+ and More - By Khawk
Changes to GDNet+  A little over 6 years ago we created the GDNet+ Membership Subscription program to provide additional site features, services, and an opportunity for members to show the...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Spellbound: October Update - By slayemin
Yesterday I received my first payment from Valve for sales in the first month: $4,354.89 I debated whether or not to post the actual amount I received. Normally, I'd not want to share this (an...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 2 weeks ago
GameDev Marketplace October 2016 Sale! - By Khawk
To celebrate the launch of GameDev Marketplace we're offering a 20% off sale for the month of October! Purchase $10 or more and use promo code GDOCT2016 to save 20%! If you aren't familiar wit...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 4 weeks ago
Introducing GameDev Marketplace - By Khawk
GameDev.net is pleased to announce the launch of GameDev Marketplace at https://gamedev.market. We’ve had a Marketplace on GameDev.net for several years, but it has never been ...
Developer Journal - 4 months, 5 days ago
Long launch reflections - By slayemin
So... I launched my game about a week and a half ago. Finally. I remember the day I decided I wanted to make games. I was playing Commander Keen, as I always did when I was about 14 years old,...
Developer Journal - 4 months, 2 weeks ago
Launched Spellbound on Steam - By slayemin
It's 10:15PM on Monday Night. I just launched Spellbound on Steam for the HTC Vive VR headset. This is not only the first game I've ever launched, it's a VR game. Pure craziness. I'm feeling a bit...
Developer Journal - 4 months, 2 weeks ago
Spellbound Launching on Steam - By slayemin
Alright. Spellbound is now up on steam . The release date is slated for September 5th, 2016. The game is being released in Early Access. I'm nervous. The worst thing that could happen is that...
Developer Journal - 5 months, 5 days ago
Kseh Woa Iv - Post 8 - Post Un-mortem - By kseh
You know... because of the undead, right? Ok let's see here... Stuff that was good: Well first and foremost I had fun working on the game. It's the sort of feeling that reminds me why I l...
Developer Journal - 5 months, 1 week ago
WoA 2016 - End Of Day 7 - By Servant of the Lord
Here's my final release: [Sepulchre - Grey Army ]  http://puu.sh/qBKQR/510daaf177.png  (coded from scratch using C++ and SFML)  Well, this was an exhausting end-march to the fi...
WoA 2016 - End Of Day 6 - By Servant of the Lord
I wasn't able to do any work on my entry until about 9pm last night, so I went straight through the night. Combat is now almost entirely implemented. \o/ The quality of my code is also shot to...
WoA 2016 - End Of Day 5 - By Servant of the Lord
Time is getting very tight. Combat still isn't implemented. Very little progress made. Must type in short sentences to conserve remaining time. I've visually beautified the world significantly...
Kseh Woa Iv - Post 5 - By kseh
I'm pretty tired and so I'm planning taking this evening off from coding and getting some sleep. Except I thought that I should post something so I thought, well I did some art stuff earlier today...
Ad Blocking and GameDev.net - By Khawk
If you use an ad blocker, you might not appreciate this right now:   If you don't use an ad blocker, then you (hopefully) didn't even notice the change. This week we made the diffic...
Indie Devs: Pitch Your Game at the Intel Game Developer Showcase at Austin Game Conference - By Khawk
Austin Game Conference has partnered with Intel to host the Intel Game Developer Showcase pitch and demo event at AGC on Sept. 20th starting at 5pm. Taking place at Brazos Hall, just two bl...
Kseh Woa Iv - Post 4 - By kseh
I'm slowly making progress but I think I'm starting to feel the weight of the work involved here. This project is on my mind quite a bit and it's starting to feel like a really long car trip. You c...
Woa 2016 - End Of Day 2 - By Servant of the Lord
Well, this wraps up the end of day 2 for me (more like the beginning of Day 3, since it's 5AM. :wink:) I felt like I've made some very significant progress, though I'm still nervous because I...
Kseh Woa Iv - Post 2 - By kseh
I think last night ended up being around 6 hours work but maybe half that coding and the other half writing and trying to come up with some kind of idea. Basically, I have the various libraries and...
Kseh Woa Iv - Post 1 - By kseh
The twins are in bed and my work station (kitchen table) is pretty much setup. I believe the theme was announced about an hour ago and I'm very much unprepared. I had every intention of setting up...
Developer Journal - 6 months, 3 weeks ago
June: Spellbound, Steam & HTC - By slayemin
Lots of exciting news for this month! HTC Meeting: Last week I walked down to the HTC office for North America and tried to get a meeting with their VR people so that I could give them a demo...
Developer Journal - 7 months, 22 hours ago
Spellbound Game Play Video - By slayemin
I created a 10 minute game play video of Spellbound this afternoon and thought I'd share with everyone. This is played in a room scale environment on the HTC Vive and features a locomotion system I...