• Create Account

Visual Arts

4: Adsense
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Member Activity
Developer Journal - 11 hours, 46 minutes ago
Update #4 - By Awoken
Hi everyone.One thing I learned about JavaScript is that any function on any script can be called by just simply typing the name of the function. I didn't realise that all of my code was global :?...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 4 hours ago
New Game - By Aardvajk
Just a very quick entry today since I haven't posted for a while, to introduce my new game. Not that we have much to show yet. My vision for this project is as follows:"What do we get if we cross S...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 18 hours ago
Darklands and the Black Arts of Text - By dbaumgart
This piece was originally posted on my personal website blog yesterday, though I think it'd be appropriate to put here as well due to talking about some ideas that are particularly applicable to i...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 15 hours ago
I am overburdened, monsters and mods. - By Spidi
Hi there! Small update this time. Been working on wrapping up all the remaining core features, but got a bit sidetracked so I'm going to write a little about level editing too besides monsters...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 20 hours ago
After 3 years, an artist has joined me. - By desdemian
After 3 years of working alone, I have hired an artist to work with me on the game. The pros :- I was able to work the game at my own pace (i. e. very slow) and just focus on programming, with...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Back to the Jungle - By lawnjelly
I decided to get back to work on my (extremely long running development, "duke nukem forever" style :lol: ) jungle game, after 7 months gap. As is always the nature of returning to something afte...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Creating assets for a nature scene - a 6 part Blender YouTube tutorial - By Norman Barrows
Creating assets for a nature scene - a 6 part Blender YouTube tutorial  Found this on YouTube - very informative. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8LkOMU8OMg
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
Added My Third Hobby Game - By Goliath Forge
So, I sat down to see what this MonoGame thing was all about.I used to mess with XNA back around version 2.Well, I have to say...I liked it. Easy to get up and running. Joust was one of my fav...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 12 hours ago
Selling Assets Online & Store Comparisons - By dbaumgart
In additional to my own projects and freelance jobs, one of my goals this year is to build a humble - but steady - stream of income from selling game assets online via the various game dev asset st...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 13 hours ago
I am overburdened, prototyping. - By Spidi
Hello everyone! I worked on a lot of stuff since my last post:Thought a lot about the content/format of my blog and my freshly started video series, and made some decisions about their future....
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Making of Ash of Gods # 2 - By CyrusTheVirus
All the joy and pain of game development from the horse’s mouth in the second installment of our developer diaries.
thoughts on fix-your-timestep and the spiral of death - By Norman Barrows
thoughts on fix-your-timestep and the spiral of death: in the fix-your timestep algo its generally assumed that on average ET will be < DT. with no ET cap, when accumulator >= 2...
Increasing ET accuracy in fix-your-timestep - By Norman Barrows
Increasing ET accuracy in fix-your-timestep The typical implementation of fix-your-timestep looks something like this:while ! quitgame { start_timer render ET = elapsed_time p...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Z-model - By Awoken
Hi Everyone, so I created a modelling program, really basic, that can run in your browser.I named it Z-model so that the file appeared last in the containing folder.here is a zip of everything you...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Photrealism - By Norman Barrows
An excellent video on techniques used to achieve photorealism in computer graphics. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1-Ef54uTeU
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 4 days ago
I reinvented JSON :) - By Aardvajk
As always happens when I'm starting a new game, I've started a new level editor. This one, however, is based on my Gx and QGx frameworks and so I'm hoping to keep it generic enough that it might...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 4 days ago
The importance of a starting area - By Polydone
A decision has been made - instead of focusing primarily on coding features the immediate goal is prototyping a starting area.Obviously this is a very important thing to get right - it might actual...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 17 hours ago
New Project Update 2 - By dpadam450
Nothing interesting really to talk about, just been working towards getting a simple gameplay demo. I've been trying to keep my 2 concept artists busy. I have a sculpting artist and a hardsurface a...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 3 days ago
Gx::Camera wafflings - By Aardvajk
Time for the next gripping installment of the development of my Gx game framework library. The latest addition I'll waffle about today is the Gx::Camera class from GxMaths . The requirement...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 4 days ago
Building a bridge (to Qt) - By Aardvajk
Having made a good start on Gx and having set up a game project that links to the Gx headers and lib (in-place in the Gx project for ease of update), I realised that a new game will need a new l...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 4 days ago
I am overburdened, begins. - By Spidi
Hi there! This entry is the first one for the new game I'm working on called "I am overburdened" and the first one when I publish a video log entry too! I decided to try this format due to the...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 6 hours ago
Weekly update #3: Terrain manipulation and foundation creation. - By Awoken
O.k, so last week I made a post on Thursday detailing the progress I made with regards to terrain manipulation, but I only previewed it and never actually committed to a submit, so I just chucked i...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 16 hours ago
Framework Fun - By Aardvajk
About time I posted an update here. Been a while. I have kind of lost a bit of heart in Om, my scripting language, since I realised that circular references lead to memory leaks unless I imple...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 week ago
Skeletons go down! - By Polydone
But not without a fight... A bit of gameplay video + code snippet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHl86-s3qVY Sunday was to be the big day when I finally killed the first skeleton. Then I move...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 week ago
Magic Item Tech, persistent. - By Spidi
Hello everyone! Even though a lot of indie game developers put together a "year in review" posts by the end of December, I haven't written in a while. Sorry for that, but the last few months o...