• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ikklit

SetupGL ???

This topic is 6642 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I read that a setupgl (or something to that effect) program is available. Since I''ve just got a new comp (laptop) with the ATI chipset on, I''ll like to get the correct and latest OpenGL drivers for it. Am I smoking my socks or is this program actually in existence? Currently I''m playiong with D3D and enjoying it a lot. (I suppose it is the first 3D API I''m learning so I can''t do any D3D vs OpenGL comparisons.) But... I''ll like to learn the OpenGL thing since it seeems to be drawing a lot of attention.

Advertisement
Isn''t that GLSetup you''re talking about?
http://www.glsetup.com

It helps installing the right OpenGL drivers for your computer.

From glsetup.com:

"GLSetup detects your 3D graphics card and installs the matching OpenGL drivers. Games supporting OpenGL will include GLSetup to ensure your system has drivers available to accelerate OpenGL 3D rendering."

============================
Daniel Netz, Sentinel Design
"I'm not stupid, I'm from Sweden" - Unknown

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!