Radio commands- samples

Started by
4 comments, last by SA-Magic 21 years, 9 months ago
http://www.samods.com/~magic/jm-samps.zip Radio commands I'm doing for a "Special Forces" mod. The 'Samp' ones are the edited version, with others the originals. What do you think? Clear enough to hear, yet still ambient and suitable for a combat situation? [edited by - SA-Magic on June 23, 2002 10:24:40 AM]
Advertisement
The effect is perfect, and the voice is understandable in samples 1 and 2. No idea what sample 3 (edited and unedited) was trying to say "backup up?"...

Good effect template though, my main criticism is the digital clipping. Try normalizing your raw wave to -3db (or less) before applying the effect.

Yes, it's "Backup up". I've yet to ask Phantom what the heck that means physically.

Digital clipping?
The normalising I did was a normal one in Sound Forge after I distorted it. ... Here's my formula:

Oh, I see what you mean. I'll go test that out...

Edit: It's exactly the same when I did the minus 3db before the SF distortion and CE2K 'get off the phone' FFT filtering. O_o

[edited by - SA-Magic on June 23, 2002 12:38:53 PM]
D''Oh... Whenever I get the ''perfect'' effect with unavoidable clicks I usually start from scratch at the source. Re-record the original voice samples and start over, or maybe just tinker with cep''s fft settings (I don''t use cep, so I don''t know how configurable they are).

Only other idea - get a click/pop filter (Waves makes some good ones).

All in all, though, they sound great. If phantom doesn''t mind a few clicks and pops then it''s all good.
Phantom...
Phantomas?...

45th Platoon?

[edited by - Angel_of_Death on June 24, 2002 9:39:45 AM]
Say what? Phantom is the alias of Luke, the guy whose doing this Special Forces mod. He said the edited version needs to be more clear.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement