Australia needs help

Started by
1 comment, last by trOUBLe 21 years, 9 months ago
hi guys im a neewbie stuck in the land of OZ. As you can imagine there is not much in the way of learning how to make games downunder. Im trying to learn from the net but all i can find is stuff aimed at people that have some game prog. knowlege. I can program in c/c++ and VB but when it comes to games i have no source of advice. If any one is willing to help me out in this little problem of mine i would be very greatful. Thanx guys and girls.
Advertisement
hey there fellow Skip (tho right now i''m living in canada)

i''d suggest going and buying a good book on learning gameprog. If you like C++ I''d suggest the LaMothe series, he has a good Dummies book aimed at beginners. If you want to look into Game development in VB, theres a pretty good book by Jonathon Harbour, the exact name escapes me. Both the books i''ve mentioned are aimed at DirectX programming, while some will argue that OpenGL is the way to go. I say learn DirectX till you''re comfortable with the concepts and then look into other methods that are available.

If you''re in Canberra or Brisbane there are institutes that''ll teach you the black art, but be prepared to pay for it.

good luck with it all

J
ok thanks j,
if you remember the names of those books could you let me know.
Thanx again.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement