Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Printing

This topic is 5655 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I need some help with printing in win32. I''ve done most of the setting up but am at a loss at how to output DCs to the printing HDC. I only make use of one HDC, the main one which I draw to all the time. I want to print this out. I think I''m supposed to use StrecthBlt(...) or something to output it to the printing DC but it doesn''t work. I can only get text printing done. Thanks in advance!

Guest Anonymous Poster
Just create a printdc and "draw" your document to the dc. It will come out correct.

Use StrchBlt when you allready have a bitmap with a DIB header and want to output it to a print dc.

quote:
Just create a printdc and "draw" your document to the dc. It will come out correct.

It doesn't work, only for text. I think the reason it doesn't work is because you can't draw at different areas and expect the printer to print them in order. Not sure if I'm correct but my code sure doesn't work...

Edit: Actually, I found some other errors because I use the same routine for drawing on screen and on the printer.

[edited by - Darkor on June 25, 2002 10:25:38 AM]