• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Network librarys

This topic is 6517 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi! i ve been programming a game for nearly 4 years. now i started network programming. i already had a look at winsock, direct play and transend. last one seemed do be the most comfortable way to use, but didnt work with window apps, since it´s a shareware version. direct play seems to be too complicated and winsock either. so im looking for a simple multipayer library oder source with a few functions as send, receive etc. i dont want to spend too much time in network hardware programming. 1) does anyone know a site or a source packet containing win 95 network progamming stuff? 2) has anyone the full version of transend or any experience in ordering the ful version (im from germany)? so long (hoping for the best) steve

Advertisement
Lewis Napper''s website for his book Winsock 2.0 has lots of code that you can use for the basics of send/receive. I highly recommend the book independent of the availability of the source code.
Address: http://www.sockaddr.com/

Guest Anonymous Poster
RogerWilco Can be setup in about 4 lines and it has most of the basic functionality of DirectPlay.

www.resounding.com

I didn''t know it had direct play features, thought it were only for real-time voice comm. Is it a new feature or am I only hopelessly outdated?

A polar bear is a rectangular bear after a coordinate transform.

Also take a look at OpenPlay. It''s the network layer used by MYTH. It''s open-source and works under Windows, Mac, and eventually Linux.

http://www.publicsource.apple.com/

Guest Anonymous Poster
Roger Wilco has a gaming APi that runs underneath the voice layer. It works like DirectPlay w\o the bells\whistles\documentation.

• Advertisement