Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rotation very simple ?

This topic is 5650 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

have some code like the following: D3DXMatrixScaling( &matScale, 1.0f, 1.00f, 1.00f ); D3DXMatrixTranslation( &matTranslate, fObjectPosX, fObjectPosY, fObjectPosZ ); D3DXMatrixRotationZ( &matSpin, fTime/1000); D3DXMatrixMultiply( &plane.matLocal, &matScale, &matTranslate); D3DXMatrixMultiply( &plane.matLocal, &matSpin, &plane.matLocal); g_pd3dDevice->SetTransform( D3DTS_WORLD, &plane.matLocal); what i''m interested is in the Rotation about the Z, I can get the object to rotate a constant speed and then have that speed increasing when i press a key but after you relase the key it goes back to the original constant speed it was rotating at. I want to be able to accelerate it to a speed and have it stay there. It''s been a few months since i''ve done any programming so i''m extreamly rusty.

I may have misunderstood your question, but you should probably be increasing your angle by the spin speed:

m_fAngle+=m_fSpinSpeed;
D3DXMatrixRotationZ( &matSpin, m_fAngle);

Given that the Angle should be between 0 and 2 * 3.14159.

If you press a key increase your spin speed.

[edited by - sdoherty55 on June 23, 2002 2:10:48 PM]