Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DevKitAdvance and List, Vector etc. doesn't work

This topic is 5651 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello! I just write a very simple program, main.cpp: #include <list.h> int main() { return 0; } and link with the libstdc++.a library. But when I compile, I always get this error message: "undefined reference to write" ( or, more precisely: /Program/GBA/DevKidAdvance/.....arm-agb-elf/lib/ interwork/libstdc++.a(pure.o): In function `__cxa_pure_virtual'': ..../gcc-3.0.2/libstdc++-v3/libsupc++/pure.cc:49: undefined reference to `write'' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status ) I have compiled _exactly_ the same code with _exactly_ the same makefile with another GCC compiliator (2.92, not from DevKit), and then everything works. Do you know what lib I should include / what I should do to be able to use the C++-standard-lib:s list,queue, etc. in my program ?

Hi

I remember reading a post on the gbadev mailing list which says that you can''t use pure virtual functions with devkitadv. There are a few other issues you should be aware of too, although I''m not sure if this is still the case.

Check it out at:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gbadev/message/10594

Hopt that helps,
Pete

Yes! That did help, perhaps I''ll abandone DevKit and stick to the other compiler... hope that one works better with virtual functions, stdc++ etc.

Thanks /Magnus