[java] Pixel perfect Collision detection

Started by
6 comments, last by Wrathnut 21 years, 9 months ago
Someone had mentioned in a post a month or 2 ago that they had written an article for game dev on pixel perfect collision detection in java. I have been waiting patiently but I fear my patience has run out... Are they ever going to publish article or what?!?!? What the hell is goin on around here?
Advertisement
I also remember someone mentioning an article like this, and I''d very much like to see it.
yeah, that was me, when I originally submitted the article I was told it would be appear roughly about a month ago. I''ve been patient since the GDC has been on and everything, but my patience has also ran out, so I have uploaded it to my own site at www.javage.net. I was going to wait for it to make it''s debut here, but.....

Sorry about the wait!
Jiim Jonez.
Just been to your website. Nicely done.
==========================================In a team, you either lead, follow or GET OUT OF THE WAY.
Short, succinct and to the point. Good job!
oh yes, this was what I was looking for. great job, Jiim!
Cool article, I am going to have to try it out and see what kind of a frame rate hit I take ^_^. Yea I was only getting anxious cause I haad read somewhere that they weren''t going to publish all of the submissions that they had. I think it was actually in their call for submissions. Anywho thanks for posting the article I needed more fodder for the brain.
Thanks for all your feedback!!

I wouldn''t have thought you''d take that much of a frame-rate hit, it''s not actually doing that much!!! If you use it properly and give it all the data before the start of the game, there''s very little going on, I''d be interested in what kind of figures you get though!

In the ''global'' thread requesting for more submissions someone does point out that there aren''t many Java articles here, which is true. There have also been a few posts recently in the more general forums asking about 2D collision detection so I would be surprised if they didn''t eventually feature it-OK, it''s Java-specific, but a lot of it applies to C/C++ as well and it could easily be ported across.

JJ.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement