• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zeraan

Should I worry about this?

This topic is 5842 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

When I exit my game, the debug window outputs this: The thread 0xF991BFF3 has exited with code -1 (0xFFFFFFFF). The thread 0xF99421DF has exited with code 0 (0x0). The program ''C:\C++\Beyaan\Debug\Beyaan.exe'' has exited with code 0 (0x0). Should I worry that the first thread didn''t exit with code 0? This has been bothering me for a long time. ______________________________________________ You know your game is in trouble when your AI says, in a calm, soothing voice, "I''m afraid I can''t let you do that, Dave"

Advertisement
quote:
Original post by Zeraan
When I exit my game, the debug window outputs this:
The thread 0xF991BFF3 has exited with code -1 (0xFFFFFFFF).
The thread 0xF99421DF has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The program ''C:\C++\Beyaan\Debug\Beyaan.exe'' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Should I worry that the first thread didn''t exit with code 0?
This has been bothering me for a long time.

if it''s on xp... someone told me to don''t because xp was such a complex os it might do that.. i tested one a prog in xp and in 2k.. xp exited with that huge # in 2k it exited with false. so but then i made the prog in xp exited with false too. u might wanna check your code to see if u r getting it right.

It''s in Windows 98. So I should worry?

Just have your threads to return zero when it terminates normally. Sometimes not setting a exit/return code or an abnormal termination "might" returns -1... and... seeing a thread returning non-zero makes me nervous.

Okay, when I add something (directx stuff) and forget to Release() them, I get the -1 return code, but when I add release all the threads return 0. A handy reminder

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!