Should I worry about this?

Started by
3 comments, last by Zeraan 21 years, 10 months ago
When I exit my game, the debug window outputs this: The thread 0xF991BFF3 has exited with code -1 (0xFFFFFFFF). The thread 0xF99421DF has exited with code 0 (0x0). The program ''C:\C++\Beyaan\Debug\Beyaan.exe'' has exited with code 0 (0x0). Should I worry that the first thread didn''t exit with code 0? This has been bothering me for a long time. ______________________________________________ You know your game is in trouble when your AI says, in a calm, soothing voice, "I''m afraid I can''t let you do that, Dave"
Advertisement
quote:Original post by Zeraan
When I exit my game, the debug window outputs this:
The thread 0xF991BFF3 has exited with code -1 (0xFFFFFFFF).
The thread 0xF99421DF has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The program ''C:\C++\Beyaan\Debug\Beyaan.exe'' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Should I worry that the first thread didn''t exit with code 0?
This has been bothering me for a long time.

if it''s on xp... someone told me to don''t because xp was such a complex os it might do that.. i tested one a prog in xp and in 2k.. xp exited with that huge # in 2k it exited with false. so but then i made the prog in xp exited with false too. u might wanna check your code to see if u r getting it right.
Metal Typhoon
It''s in Windows 98. So I should worry?

Just have your threads to return zero when it terminates normally. Sometimes not setting a exit/return code or an abnormal termination "might" returns -1... and... seeing a thread returning non-zero makes me nervous.
"after many years of singularity, i'm still searching on the event horizon"
Okay, when I add something (directx stuff) and forget to Release() them, I get the -1 return code, but when I add release all the threads return 0. A handy reminder

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement