animation with linear interpolation problem

Started by
2 comments, last by Gammastrahler 21 years, 9 months ago
hi, i´m using linear interpolation to animate some simple objects. i interpolate between keyframes. the problem is the different speed that results since i have different distances between vertices. how can i achieve constant speed for all? thanks Gammastrahler
Advertisement
quote:Original post by Gammastrahler
hi, i´m using linear interpolation to animate some simple objects. i interpolate between keyframes.

the problem is the different speed that results since i have different distances between vertices. how can i achieve constant speed for all?

thanks
Gammastrahler

Remember that interpolation is based on approximations, so that may be what is causing the problem. Have you looked at normalising the algorithm in any way to avoid this?

Regards,
Mathematix.
well, u physically CAN''T achieve constant speed for all vertices, if you would it''d be like moving the whole object to a different position in space. if you have many keyframes, linar interpolation should work, but since i''ve never done that i can''t tell for sure. post your interpolating code here, and i''ll see if there''s anything wrong.

---
shurcool
my project
You might want to consider the following technical report:

S Welsh: Shape Preserving Linear Interpolation (SPLINT), School of Computer Science and Software Engineering, Monash University, Melbourne, 2002, 19pp. Technical report 2002/113

Timkin

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement