Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

.map file extension

This topic is 5655 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I would first like to say that I know this belongs on the NeHe Forum, but I''ve already asked this question there and don''t see any need bothering them more with useless bumps. I can''t find anything to read, much less write my own .map file. I would like to know how to make or read a .map file kind of like the one with the later versions of NeHe Zelda (http://nehe.gamedev.net/nehegames/zelda/zelda.asp) like with an editor or viewer. I''ve tried using everything from MSDEV to Paint Shop Pro 7. Any help would be appreciated, -Shaun

if you want to use the map format from NeHe Zelda then just download the code the have a look at the map loading code that should tell you all you need to know about the format, then if the tools dont exist be a programmer and write them.

If however you have your own custom file format to make, well your only way is to define your own format and again write the tools yourself.