Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need a browser in my application

This topic is 5647 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Basically i''m looking for some way to put a browser in my program without acctually writing one. I though microsoft had somthing to do that but i couldn''t find it on there site. An activex control would be perfect but i need one i can use freely, i''m guessing i can''t just use explorers or any other major browsers. Also, does anyone know how to post to a Perl script in a C++ program or of any library that will do it? Kinda the main reason i was the browser. Thanks

i know that MS has an embedded browser that lots of people use (Kodak''s easyshare software for instance). i assume that would come with licensing fees. but there might be something similar with one of the open source browsers (like mozilla).

search around the web on embedded browsers.

-me

Visual C++ comes with an ActiveX control that does just that. Go to Projects->Add->Components, it''s called "Microsoft Web Browser" I believe. It will add the class to your project. You can them use the class object and call browser.Navigate("http://www.yahoo.com/", NULL, ...); or whatever. It has lots of functions. I even think it''s documented a little bit in the MSDN.

-David