• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gandolf1212

Need a browser in my application

This topic is 5932 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Basically i''m looking for some way to put a browser in my program without acctually writing one. I though microsoft had somthing to do that but i couldn''t find it on there site. An activex control would be perfect but i need one i can use freely, i''m guessing i can''t just use explorers or any other major browsers. Also, does anyone know how to post to a Perl script in a C++ program or of any library that will do it? Kinda the main reason i was the browser. Thanks

Advertisement
i know that MS has an embedded browser that lots of people use (Kodak''s easyshare software for instance). i assume that would come with licensing fees. but there might be something similar with one of the open source browsers (like mozilla).

search around the web on embedded browsers.

-me

Visual C++ comes with an ActiveX control that does just that. Go to Projects->Add->Components, it''s called "Microsoft Web Browser" I believe. It will add the class to your project. You can them use the class object and call browser.Navigate("http://www.yahoo.com/", NULL, ...); or whatever. It has lots of functions. I even think it''s documented a little bit in the MSDN.

-David

You don''t need a browser to post to a webserver though, if that was actually the original question.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!