Need a browser in my application

Started by
6 comments, last by gandolf1212 21 years, 10 months ago
Basically i''m looking for some way to put a browser in my program without acctually writing one. I though microsoft had somthing to do that but i couldn''t find it on there site. An activex control would be perfect but i need one i can use freely, i''m guessing i can''t just use explorers or any other major browsers. Also, does anyone know how to post to a Perl script in a C++ program or of any library that will do it? Kinda the main reason i was the browser. Thanks
I think there's to much blood in my caffeine system.
Advertisement
i know that MS has an embedded browser that lots of people use (Kodak''s easyshare software for instance). i assume that would come with licensing fees. but there might be something similar with one of the open source browsers (like mozilla).

search around the web on embedded browsers.

-me
Visual C++ comes with an ActiveX control that does just that. Go to Projects->Add->Components, it''s called "Microsoft Web Browser" I believe. It will add the class to your project. You can them use the class object and call browser.Navigate("http://www.yahoo.com/", NULL, ...); or whatever. It has lots of functions. I even think it''s documented a little bit in the MSDN.

-David
I don''t think you have to license the component, as it comes installed when users install Internet Explorer. When you develop for it, just inform users they need at least IE 4.x or above installed.

Jim Adams
home.att.net/~rpgbook
Author, Programming Role-Playing Games with DirectX
Some info can be found here

[edited by - Solo on June 25, 2002 10:15:25 AM]
// Ryan
The IE ActiveX control isn''t part of Visual C++, it''s installed with IE 4.x or above. No licensing fees.
Thanks alot guys!

I can''t belive they just let you use ie like that.
I think there's to much blood in my caffeine system.
You don''t need a browser to post to a webserver though, if that was actually the original question.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement