Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GetPixel of a DXImagelist item

This topic is 5655 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I would like to be able to return the pixel colour of a given coordinate of an item in a dximagelist. What I am doing is the following. I work out if the mouse is hanging above a bitmap, then I check if the actual position is above a transparent colour in the dximage list, if it is then I don''t have to draw the higlight of the irregular shaped object. Here is my code rX := mc.x - Xc; rY := mc.y - Yc; // the relative x and y coords col := GetPixel(DXImageList1.Items[1].picture.BitMap.canvas.handle,rx,ry); if col <>clFuchsia then DXImageList1.Items[1].Draw(dxdraw1.surface,Xc, Yc,0); I have tried, GetPixels, Pixels and scanlines nothing seems to work. In this case the return value for "col" is -1. Could someone please have a look to see where I am stuffing up? Ralph

Ah, fixed my own problem. For completeness I will post what I ended up with.

col := DXImageList1.Items[QArray[l].picnum].PatternSurfaces[0].Canvas.pixels[rx,ry];

DXImageList1.Items[QArray[l].picnum].Restore;

if col <>clFuchsia then
DXImageList1.Items[picnum].Draw(dxdraw1.surface,Xc, Yc,0);

The only change is that I used the patternsurfaces. I had to put in a restore, anyone know why that is required?