Arcade games from 1990

Started by
19 comments, last by Tai-Pan 21 years, 10 months ago
Ive been wondering HOW Capcom was able to program such a smooth game like Street Fighter 2 10 years ago and with such a crappy hardware (CPS2)..any ideas? "Those who follow the path of the warrior must be ready to die, to stand for their convictions, live for one´s convictions, die for one´s convictions"
"Those who follow the path of the warrior must be ready to die, to stand for their convictions, live for one´s convictions, die for one´s convictions"
Advertisement
i was wondering HOW someone could multipost this much.
Manufacturing metaphores in my melancholy mind.
CPS2 inst crappy...

you should wonder how SNK made Garou: Mark of Wolves with a neo geo board

-------------------------------
MOTHERSHIP!!! hahaha! very funny! now take me outta here!!!!!
"Everything works out in the end, if it doesn't then it is not the end"
Im not saying its crappy, but c´mon, they must have used very special techniques to get those excellent graphics, take a look at Mark of the Wolves, some stages have details that it would be impossible to produce with that hardware, have you seen the bells at Hotaru´s stage??..they look incredible
I would kill someone just for having a chance of taking a look at the old Street Fighter 2 source code.

"Those who follow the path of the warrior must be ready to die, to stand for their convictions, live for one´s convictions, die for one´s convictions"
Details ?? Isn''t the game 2D ?? I mean just because the graphics are nicer does not mean that it takes longer to draw..
-------------Ban KalvinB !
The speed comes from the hardware... looking at the source code wouldn''t help you much. The CPS2 board has hardware sprite registers and hardware-assisted blitting, much like today''s 2D accelerated cards for PCs. There is no mystery here.
Oh yes there is. They probably used Alien technology !!!!
-------------Ban KalvinB !
quote:Original post by granat

''Tommyknockers, tommyknockers, knocking at the door...''

quote:Original post by granat

HAHAHAHAHHAHA
I agree with granat, high quality 2D sprites probably made all the difference. The same is true even for today''s games. Excellent texturing can really set a game apart from others.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement