Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need help with books...

This topic is 5651 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, i want to buy some new books, but i don''t know which are the best for my topic''s! Can somebody help me??? Look, i have code a good Game - Engine ! With DirectX8-Graphics ! And I need one book that show me how to write BSP-Tree''s for the Preformanace, and one book for visual effects such Flare Lights, Lens FLare, Shadow''s etc. How do you think? Which book''s are the best for this topic''s??? I need speed and effekts... Thank you! Cya MC Agni

Hi
If you have built an engine, you''ve done the most important piece of work. You can buy a book, but you will certainly be disappointed by the little amount of new stuff you will read. Anyway, I have bought Peter Walsh'' book : "Advanced Game Programming with Direct3D", which covers the BSP tree theory and some other interesting ideas about AI, special effects, ... This can help you.

tibo

also Real-time Rendering tricks and techniques in directx will help you alot on effects... like pixel shaders, vertex shaders, blending, shadows and so on...

but the advanced would be better i guess for your choise cause of the techniques you require and the optimalization you want..

Greets