Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First Slovenian racing game - with link...

This topic is 5645 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How silly of me not to put a link beside my topic. Well, it''s like this. Slovenia is, as you might know, quite a small country. Arxel tribe is a pretty big developing team in Slovenia, but it produces only FRP and similar games. It was me and my friend who were the first who made a demo of first Slovenian racing game. It''s a short track, in which we tested ourselves what we could do, there are a few problems with collision, but you judge the rest. http://www2.arnes.si/~estuke/downloads/dyrkatchyna/dirkacina.zip Movement keys - movement space - fast acceleration F2 - 640*480 F3 - 600*800 F4 - 1024*768 Oh, and tell me how many fps does the game provide on your computer. By now we are already making Dyrkachyna 2, where we will incude some improvemets, that you will tell us are needed.

Some constructive criticism:
-Translate readme file to english since not everyone can read your language (eni že ne pa vsi )
-Collision detection/response needs a little work, since you can get stuck.
-some textures need a little work (trees that swing in the wind)
-and while on textures... dump the BMP format.. start using something with alpha layer (like compressed TGA or PNG)
-why is everything in "Debug" folder?
-"na Windows NT/2000 dela slabo" (works bad on winNT/2K) ...why?

ok.. and since you need results: 110-180FPS @ 1024x768 on Duron1G & GF4

You should never let your fears become the boundaries of your dreams.

Yes, Swalow, that''s our page.

A little bit too critic, are we, Darkwing ?
You must realize that we are only 18 years old and been doing on opengl for yust 1 year...

As for the others... keep it coming

I'm sorry if it sounded too harsh. I just like when people tell me what is wrong with it not just say : "it's bad". (it's not)

You should never let your fears become the boundaries of your dreams.

[edited by - _DarkWIng_ on June 26, 2002 4:20:43 AM]

DarkWing: (I've done most of programming for Dyrkachyna) in readme it says "it works bad on winNT/2k" because at that time it didn't work (hardware) with latest official drivers for V3, now it does. Same was with GF2.
I'm thankful for your constructive criticism and I agree with you. We'll make it better in next version.

[edited by - Ernest on June 26, 2002 5:32:01 AM]

Pretty ql, but I'm missing sound and leaning could be better.
And, btw, first Slovenian racing game was RaceMania .

DarkWing: a si ti sluèajno iz Kranja pa kolk si star? ker na IRCu sem nekajkrat videl tvoj nick, pa te nikoli ni bilo (sorry others, just one off-topic question).

[edited by - Wingman on June 26, 2002 5:58:59 AM]

i think its pretty cool so far, but everyone else is right, needs better physics and, uhh what they all said is what i say

so whats the best times u guys have gotten? mine was a 7638 non cheat way, the cheat best way was 129

btw, my "cheating" is holding the booster and accelorater right when the game starts, you go extremelly fast and go thru the walls and then ur done, the timer stops and everything

wow you guys are good lol

im keep trying and trying to get a time even remotely close to yours

EDIT: I give up!! its to hard for me to beat those times lol

[edited by - Samith on June 29, 2002 10:33:38 AM]