Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Handles + Hex

This topic is 5654 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Lets say for instance i am making hacking software that monitors any field selected. Now, lets say I have the hex representation of the handle to that field. For simplicity, let''s say it is 0x02DC. Now, if i do this HANDLE hDialerPassword = (HANDLE) 0x02DC will this give hDialerPassword access to the info in the real field so that it can watch it and if it changes record it onto a file??? Why don''''t we just kill the guys who write error messages. It''''d make our lives a hell of a lot easier **************************** Gimme a break, I''''m Just 13 (14 in JULY)

A HANDLE is typedef''d to void *, but there''s usually another level of indirection (i.e. it usually doesn''t point directly to a data structure in memory). You''re not going to be able to get the text from a password control anyway. The only real way would be to capture keyboard events and record them all to a file then sift through to find the password (i.e. look for the username, then a TAB then the next thing will probably be the password.) You can download apps which record keystrokes. One of my friend''s ex-boyfriends was a bit of a nut, and she discovered he''d be doing this to her whenever she used his computer (mainly so he could check up on what she was doing on IRC).

By the way, you''re not going to get much help if you''re wanting to hack stuff. You''ve at least said "I want to make hacking software", but even if you don''t, we can usually tell...

codeka.com - Just click it.