• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Exellon

Was Visual C++ 6.0 made w/MFC?

This topic is 5838 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Yep. And you can extend it through custom MFC DLLs, aka Visual Studio Add-ins.

[edited by - IndirectX on June 25, 2002 12:18:22 AM]

Cool thanks. I was just wondering cuz I''m making this little game maker program and I want to have it have the more familiar VC++ IDE look and feel, as well as the docking windows too

A lot of the stuff in Visual Studio was custom-made and not available in a vanilla MFC app. That''s one of my pet peeves with MS They make all these cool-looking user interfaces (i.e. Office XP, Visual Studio.NET) and then never release it to developers who are then stuck trying to emulate it.

codeka.com - Just click it.

CodeProject has a lot of custom controls and UI stuff for Visual C++. It''s a great site if you''re doing any type of Win32 programming, particularly MFC, WTL, or COM.

Dean, full agreement on this. I am actually pretty pissed on this :-) .NET should be able to achieve the same look as VS.NET out of the box.

Now, be assured that I will put this onto the table when I have a chance. And I do - I meet people from the WinForms design team friday afternoon for a review for the next genration, and this is going to be one of the TOP issues I put onto their table :-)

Regards

Thomas Tomiczek
THONA Consulting Ltd.
(Microsoft MVP C#/.NET)

quote:
Original post by thona
Now, be assured that I will put this onto the table when I have a chance. And I do - I meet people from the WinForms design team friday afternoon for a review for the next genration, and this is going to be one of the TOP issues I put onto their table :-)

Woot! That''d be excellent I mean I can understand the reason (they developed .NET at the same time as the IDE, so it''s kind of hard to integrate a half-finished GUI into the library) but there''s no reason they can''t do it for v1.1 or whatever...

codeka.com - Just click it.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!