Was Visual C++ 6.0 made w/MFC?

Started by
5 comments, last by Exellon 21 years, 9 months ago
Just wondering.
Advertisement
Yep. And you can extend it through custom MFC DLLs, aka Visual Studio Add-ins.

[edited by - IndirectX on June 25, 2002 12:18:22 AM]
---visit #directxdev on afternet <- not just for directx, despite the name
Cool thanks. I was just wondering cuz I''m making this little game maker program and I want to have it have the more familiar VC++ IDE look and feel, as well as the docking windows too
A lot of the stuff in Visual Studio was custom-made and not available in a vanilla MFC app. That''s one of my pet peeves with MS They make all these cool-looking user interfaces (i.e. Office XP, Visual Studio.NET) and then never release it to developers who are then stuck trying to emulate it.

codeka.com - Just click it.
CodeProject has a lot of custom controls and UI stuff for Visual C++. It''s a great site if you''re doing any type of Win32 programming, particularly MFC, WTL, or COM.

Dean, full agreement on this. I am actually pretty pissed on this :-) .NET should be able to achieve the same look as VS.NET out of the box.

Now, be assured that I will put this onto the table when I have a chance. And I do - I meet people from the WinForms design team friday afternoon for a review for the next genration, and this is going to be one of the TOP issues I put onto their table :-)

Regards

Thomas Tomiczek
THONA Consulting Ltd.
(Microsoft MVP C#/.NET)
RegardsThomas TomiczekTHONA Consulting Ltd.(Microsoft MVP C#/.NET)
quote:Original post by thona
Now, be assured that I will put this onto the table when I have a chance. And I do - I meet people from the WinForms design team friday afternoon for a review for the next genration, and this is going to be one of the TOP issues I put onto their table :-)

Woot! That''d be excellent I mean I can understand the reason (they developed .NET at the same time as the IDE, so it''s kind of hard to integrate a half-finished GUI into the library) but there''s no reason they can''t do it for v1.1 or whatever...

codeka.com - Just click it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement