• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suserable

How could i make a transparent poligon?

This topic is 5839 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How could i make a transparent poligon? (a miserable triangle), not a textured one, some effect like a glass, maybe i''m grong triying to give this value with the color: #define D3DFVF_VERTICE (D3DFVF_XYZ|D3DFVF_DIFFUSE|D3DFVF_TEX1) VERTICE g_Vertices[] = { { -1.0f,-1.0f, 0.0f, D3DCOLOR_ARGB(100,0,255,0), 0.0f, 1.0f},.... and doing any draw primitive. All started when i was a little kid... trying to make some smoke effect that vanished while time past (particles) but i couldn''t find the way to make them disapear little by little(alpa?) then i try doing this in a siimple way, and still i can''t please help!!! zorry four the inglish!

Advertisement
Make sure these are set

DXDisplay->SetRenderState( D3DRS_ALPHABLENDENABLE, TRUE );
DXDisplay->SetRenderState( D3DRS_ALPHATESTENABLE, TRUE );

DXDisplay->SetRenderState( D3DRS_SRCBLEND, D3DBLEND_SRCALPHA );
DXDisplay->SetRenderState( D3DRS_DESTBLEND, D3DBLEND_INVSRCALPHA );

and don''t forget to get the alpha values from your diffuse color,

ie,

m_d3dDevice->SetTextureStageState( 0, D3DTSS_ALPHAARG1, D3DTA_DIFFUSE );
m_d3dDevice->SetTextureStageState( 0, D3DTSS_ALPHAOP, D3DTOP_SELECTARG1);

thank''s a lot but i still have one problem... (it''s hard to find when all is written in english... for me) the poligons are only tranparent when i draw them from back to front, if i turn the camera the last one is not transparent (i can''t see the first than now is the last but no least), i''m using:

d3dpp.EnableAutoDepthStencil = TRUE;
d3dpp.AutoDepthStencilFormat = D3DFMT_D16;

(and cleaning the buffer with D3DCLEAR_TARGET|D3DCLEAR_ZBUFFER registers.)

obviusly when i do this, i say that i don''t want to draw my poligons in order, and Dx should order then in the depth buffer (i hope i understood well) but it seems i miss something... or maybe i migth go back to school to learn english. please help... again...!!

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!