Fixed Point Math class

Started by
3 comments, last by WizHarDx 21 years, 9 months ago
Hi, I am hurrying to meet a deadline for a mario kart style game I am creating. I won''t usally ask this but due to the rush could anyone give me source code to a fixed point math class please. I would take too much time trying to implement this and get the physics + the AI for the game done. thanx in advance WizHarD
who is it that keeps on nicking WizHarD name !! :P
Advertisement
What platform are you developping for ? Nowadays, fixed point maths aren''t really worth the trouble for x86. FPU are pretty fast now.
The game is targeted at slower machines like 386,486 and unpwards. I defitenly need fixed point math class as the graphics engine invovles pixel plotting when rendering the terrain which is extemly slow.

who is it that keeps on nicking WizHarD name !! :P
Ok, fixed point maths should be (pretty) useful for 386 but I''d really like to know who you''re developping for. Pentium 1 PCs aren''t very wide spread anymore, but 386... Who does still use this ?

Anyway... I don''t know any fixed point maths library but I''d guess www.sourceforge.net is a good place to find one.
I''ve done plenty of fixed math porgramming in the past. But it still boggles my mind how many people want a class or a bunch of functions to do it for them. Trust me, if you''re not using hand coded assembly, you may as well use floating point, it''ll be faster. At the very least, you should use a template if you''re not gonna use assembly.

If you really want the (C++) code, email me at cleo@wintokens.com and I''ll see if I can''t dig up that stuff. BTW, I hope you''re doing this in 32bit code and please specify what compiler you''re using if you contact me. Hope everything works out.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement