Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Invisible apps

This topic is 5653 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How can I make a program that 1.) Does not show up on the start bar (the thingy at the bottom) 2.) Does not show up with the 3 Key Salute (CTRL + ATL + DEL) 3.) Does not have a window (no gui) 4.) Catches any and all keypresses in ANY app (now you see where I'm going with this) HELP ASAP! [edited by - zackriggle on June 26, 2002 9:26:01 AM]

1 and 3 are easy - just create a Win32 GUI app but don''t create a window. As for not showing up in the task-list, that''s gonna be mighty tricky since it just lists all the active processes on the system. If the intention is to prevent someone from knowing that your program is running then you''re best bet would be to try to disguise it somehow (e.g. make it a DLL and execute it using RunDLL - that way the process that shows up is RunDLL rather than you DLL).

Mind if I ask why you want to do this?

im doing it to get the password for the ISP dialup because my mom thinks that anything and everything that could be conceivably downloaded contains a million viruses, and thus does not let me online.
thx pieman...
anyhoot the most important part (as there would be no purpose without this) is to be able to catch keypresses other than sent directly to the main process by clicking on it (which is impossible because it will be invisible).

[edited by - zackriggle on June 26, 2002 9:50:22 AM]

I would suggest you ask your mom to get a virus scanner, if she disagrees then tough, you''re going to have to live with rules in your life. I''m sure you would get in a lot more trouble (probably banned from touching the computer at all) if your mom ever found out your were trying to create and deploy a password stealing hacker program. If you don''t like the rules (or "the man" is "sticking it to you"), don''t try breaking them along with some even more important ones, its not worth it. Talk to your mom or (if she doesn''t seem to listen) find a teacher/other parent who can explain the purpose and benefits of a virus scanner to her. Besides, viruses are likely not the only reason she doesn''t want you on the internet alone, she probably doesn''t want you to get into trouble downloading pr0n or engaging in all that computer hacking stuff.

Sorry, Gamedev''s not a cracker/hacker resource site. Maybe flipcode?

This topic is 5653 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.