Re-writing the script

Started by
0 comments, last by Magic Card 21 years, 9 months ago
A few months ago I finished writing the dialogue script for my game NightRise. Unfortunately, I had it saved on a zip disk, and though the disk wasn''t corrupted something happened to the file and I lost the last 20 pages of it (so now I''m stuck with 64 pages of dialogue and cheat sheet in one). I had been meaning to re-write it anyway this summer, but should I just finish it from there and make a few changes here and there, or create a new script from scratch? It''s a pretty kick ass script already, so it''s a tough decision. It''s split into 3 chapters, and each chapter is represented by a disk in the game, so it''s a 3 disk game. Please help. Eternity is relentless
-----------------------------A world destroyed, a myth rebord. Some truths should remain untold...Check out NightRise today, coming eventually from DanAvision Software Entertainment.http://www.danavisiongames.com
Advertisement
Take this opportunity to write the script from scratch. All the really good ideas you had the first time around will still seem like good ideas. All the weaker ones will get weeded out. In the end, you''ll have something much better than what you started with.

Being a good writer has as much to do with being able to throw work away, as it does with being able to finish something. Maybe even more.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement