Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

why o why?!?

This topic is 5654 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

why o why do I get these errors, all I did was added a utils.cpp & utils.h to my project so I can use my logging system before that everything was alright, no errors what so ever now I get these errors : error C2143: syntax error : missing '';'' before ''*'' error C2501: ''IDirect3D8'' : missing storage-class or type specifiers error C2501: ''g_pD3D'' : missing storage-class or type specifiers error C2146: syntax error : missing '';'' before identifier ''d3ddm'' error C2501: ''D3DDISPLAYMODE'' : missing storage-class or type specifiers fatal error C1004: unexpected end of file found Error executing cl.exe. these errors are pointing to my main.h which I had to include in my utils.cpp because I needed the #include <windows> and such ....

1) posting some code would help. w/out it it's a guessing game

2) the guess you aren't #including whatever header defines IDirect3D8 in util.cpp / util.h

3) another guess: you are missing a ; at the end of a class definition in util.h

correct:

class foo {
};

incorrect:

class foo {
}

-me

[edited by - Palidine on June 26, 2002 2:36:03 PM]

This topic is 5654 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.