Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

how to project point ...

This topic is 5652 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

... on the far clipping plane? i want to draw a line from the point i clicked on the window (near clipping plane) to the correct projected point on the far clipping plane thx --=[[TheMatrixXXX]]=--

Guest Anonymous Poster
I don''t exactly know what you mean. If you draw a line from the point in the near clipping plane which is covered by the mouse pointer to the point in the far clipping plane which is covered by the mouse pointer too, then you just get a point, because your eye is exactly lying on this line. BTW: the near clipping plane is not equal the projection plane

then what´s the near clipping plane and the projection plane exactly? i thought when i define the near clipping plane with the value 0.1f in gluPerpective that it is almost equal to the window or not? and i thought all vertices are projected to this plane too.

i forgot to say that i mean a line through the view frustum. so i think when i click a point on the near clipping plane lets say [100|100] and this would be the upper right corner of the screen then the values on the far clipping plane are much bigger or not?
i thought that the far clipping plane is much bigger that the near clipping plane or are the units projected too?

thx

--=[[TheMatrixXXX]]=--