Twister Q3D Is Now Open Source!

Started by
9 comments, last by GQA 21 years, 9 months ago
Since we never used the Aftershock code/ so called Twister Q3D we never had the idea of trying to use the engine. Our program was to make our own engine not use someone elses. I am not the one who was in charge of the project just the recuiter. So this answers your question. But they did get an ideal of the possible quake 3 rending but in a directx format. I have played the quake 3 demo and played other games in DX and don''t see how it is possible but these other guys are dam good programmers if they say they can possibly do it than I have to believe it is possible cause I don''t know a thing about programming We won''t have to release our sources for this? We are not using anything from the Aftershock engine, we will not even look at it. Our programmers just decided that maybe be possible to some how to get opengl rending in dx so I again say since we were informed of the aftershock was the twister q3D we have trashed those files period. So this is it the other programmers were working on the other engine before we came across Mr. Hunter who gave us the AfterShock engine saying it was his. But he is going away for a long time We would never use a open source engine that someone else wrote anyway it wouldn''t have done any good since the writer said in the readme file that he did not get quake 3 speed out of it but he did get the rending. That is a no go in our book so our other engine project will go forward. We would have purchased the rights from Mr. Steve Taylor but we have failed to contact him since his email address is out of date.

Jerry L. Friend, GQA

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement