• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Auron

Broken prepackaged headers?

This topic is 5951 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I was working along on a project of mine in BCB5 and everything was going well. Then I made a few small changes to the forms (specifically, I gave my controls meaningful names) and when I tried to recompile, it died on me with the following error: [C++ Error] StdActns.hpp(22): E2040 Declaration terminated incorrectly And here''s the offending line: namespace Stdactns That''s it. I''ve checked the file and the namespace is declared correctly as far as I can tell. The strange part of this is that StdActns.hpp isn''t a file I wrote, it''s one that comes with VCL. I never even knew it existed really. It must have worked thus far in my program but it suddenly just started spitting this error at me. So, has anyone encountered this error before, or better yet, knows how to fix it? If someone did, I''d really appreciate it. -Auron

Advertisement
If it happened straight after you renamed some controls, then look over the names that you gave them. Maybe they are causing some symbol conflict or confusion.

Actually, I figured it out. My bad entirely.

I completely forgot that I had added a small inline function to one of my classes between compiles and messed it up. Even after mounds of debugging, it took forever to find. All it was was an accidentally swapped brace - I used ")" instead of "}". You''d think it would have given me an error about mismatched braces or something but instead, it jumped all the way to the file included after this header file, which happened to be StdActns.hpp, where it thought it had some huge, file-spanning function. When it came to the namespace declaration, I guess it choked.

Sorry for bothering everyone with what I guess was an unanswerable question. It''s my own fault (or rather, my leasky memory''s ).

-Auron

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!