• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Making RPG Games.

This topic is 5782 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am a 16 year old male that wants to learn to make his own RPG games. I have very little or no money to spend but i still want to make my game so the only way i figure is freeware or shareware products. Can any of you help me to do this, I have found nothin yet and i do not know what i am looking for anyway. Thank you for taking the time to read this post and i hope you will have any suggestions for me. Neonyo Itamaru Yakusta

Advertisement
I love Japan!
you didnt said anything bout your skills,
what do you know?

i started off using an RPG game engine called OHRRPGCE and learned there laug. but that is the only program it will work for. I have not learned any other laug. because i can not go out and buy a book, and i can not seem to know what i am looking for. I decided to try to make my own RPG game with out the aid of and game engine. SO i guess to put it in short terms i have not skills...yet.

Guest Anonymous Poster
http://rm2k.phantomrpg.com/

Try that link out, its a program that will allow you to make side-scrolling RPG''s similar to the old Final Fantasy games. Little to no programming experience required.

i started off using an RPG game engine called OHRRPGCE and learned there laug. but that is the only program it will work for. I have not learned any other laug. because i can not go out and buy a book, and i can not seem to know what i am looking for. I decided to try to make my own RPG game with out the aid of and game engine. SO i guess to put it in short terms i have not skills...yet.

Neonyo Itamaru Yakusta

This is another one i have tried and like but i am interested in making my game with out an aid of a game engine if that is possible, but thanks for the site i have tring to find that agian for a friend

There is a game called RPG maker. A few of them are out in the US, some for consoles(I never used them). But if you wanna make something that you might actually play, I suggest learning how to program. Even then, thats years away if you know nothing now.

"Ogun''s Laughter Is No Joke!!!" - Ogun Kills On The Right, A Nigerian Poem.

If you want to learn to program, let me give you some advice.

Download the appropriate Java SDK for your computer at java.sun.com.
Download the Eclipse development platform from www.eclipse.org.
Start working yourself through the tutorials at the java.sun.com homepage.
Once you''re ready to rumble, get GIMP from www.gimp.org to make graphics.

• Advertisement