Making RPG Games.

Started by
15 comments, last by Unrivaledneo 21 years, 10 months ago
Thank you. And about my talent i do have one it is my imagination(not sure on spelling but stick with me) that is one thing i do have.
Neonyo Itamaru Yakusta
Advertisement
It''s very important to learn to walk before learning to run. I don''t know what kind of skills you have with regard to programming, but you should start off with the simplest program there is, and expanding your knowledge until you''re ready to make the RPG.

Helpful links:
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way | Google can help with your question | Search MSDN for help with standard C or Windows functions
Java? No offense, but if you want any high-level graphics, such as 3d animation, then I''d say Java is quite a bit too slow for that. For fast-executing code try out C (and if you feel up to it, C++); for not-quite-so-fast but much-easier-to-program code, try Visual Basic. I''m not claiming to have worlds of experience with Java, but what I have found is that it is generally slower than C++ and harder to use than Visual Basic.

Twilight Dragon
Win32 API Expert
www.freewebz.com/j-world
{[JohnE, Chief Architect and Senior Programmer, Twilight Dragon Media{[+++{GCC/MinGW}+++{Code::Blocks IDE}+++{wxWidgets Cross-Platform Native UI Framework}+++
In regards to my previous post:
If you are interested in programming in any language, then you should buy, beg, or borrow (from the library) a good thick book called something like "The *language* Programming Bible" or "Programming Games with *language*" or "Programming with *language*", and study it thoroughly. This will give you the basics and perhaps even more, for programming in this language. Then begin your RPG, and for every problem you run across, follow these steps:
A. Look in your reference book for a solution.
B. If you are using any add-on libraries, look in their documentation.
C. If A and B fail, come here to gamedev.net and ask us.
Have fun!

Twilight Dragon
Win32 API Expert
www.freewebz.com/j-world
{[JohnE, Chief Architect and Senior Programmer, Twilight Dragon Media{[+++{GCC/MinGW}+++{Code::Blocks IDE}+++{wxWidgets Cross-Platform Native UI Framework}+++
well i will just have to look around i do not want eye-popping graphics just good one for basic rpg games.
Neonyo Itamaru Yakusta
Thanks all of you who helped.
Neonyo Itamaru Yakusta
Ignore me......

[edited by - Rickmeister on June 27, 2002 6:57:21 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement