• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Borion

Strange texture/vertex buffer problem

This topic is 5888 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello! I have a strange texture problem with my D3D8 terrain renderer... I have 1024 vertex buffers with 16x16x2 triangles each, so my map have the dimension 512x512 squares. But only 4 vertex buffers are visible each frame, so I only render 2048 triangles (16x16x2x4) each frame and call SetStreamSource 4 times each frame. All vertex buffers have the same texture and I call SetTexture only ones before the app start. What I don´t understand is when I don´t call SetTexture I get 240 fps, and when I call SetTexture I get 40 fps Why?? Like I said, I call SetTexture only ones and SetStreamSource only 4 times each frame! When I decrease the size of my map to 64x64 squares I get good performance (200+ fps) whether the texture is set or not.

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!