Homing Missile AI in 3space with momentum (hard!)

Started by
39 comments, last by feral 21 years, 9 months ago
as i said before, the main reason i explained it in so many times in different ways using "laymans" terms was not for your benefit. it was for others so they could understand. i knwo you understood the vector math and everything, but it seemed you for some reason or another that i solved the problem badly. since you maybe misintepreted some of what i was explining due to may sometime poor ability to take ideas and put them on paper, i felt it was very much required to make sure it was explained so simply that even someone who did not fully understand vectors could see why things were working.

i thought i made it clear that i was explaining it so that others understand it better. this way when ppl search the forum, they will get a very easy to read explaination of why it works in "laymans" terms. not everyone has a great grasp on mathmatical concpets in this forum. i never intended to demean you, but it does not pay to prove that my mathmatics are not at fault using complex ways when the whole point of my answers is to show others reading the topic how to go about solving the problem using my method. furthermore you saying that the method is bad without even testing it, may cause others to doubt my method simply based on you being a moderator and a university teacher. i dont want this because its a good method that works well. i want to make sure that the beginnere can understand it, anyone who is well educated about vectors could overlook the simplistic way i explained things in laymans terms and get right to the meat of the problem. NEVER be offened by someone explain something in laymans terms. its ussually done to ensure that we both are talking on the same wavelength. since some of the math i learned came from learning on my own, i sometimes use non standard ways of describing things. i just wanted to make sure that i described things correctly. plus i thought throwing a little about actual spacecraft design was helpful to those that dont know about spacecrafts (ie used to seeing starwars and some other of the advanced sci fi ships).

i do agree that i probably spent too much time reexplaining my method, but it was just disheartening that someone thought my method was flawed based on my units being wrong when in actuality it was me explaining some of the procedure bad and assuming that everyone could ignore silly mistakes like that.

unfortunatly this post has gotten long and kinda rant like. so i will end it now. good luck feral on your quest. timikin, i am glad you "made" me explain it so many times. it helped me see better ways of describing what happened. i think my last version might even be good enough for a tutorial. i may have to look into that, though i am no writer. anyone who wishes to may take that for basis of creating a tutorial if they wish, just give credit to me, and timikin (for indirectly getting me to explain it better each time). i just hope timikin does not think its a bad thing that i explained it times, and i am actually thankfully to actually find a better way to explain it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement