• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tracy

DirectX7 and Direct3D

This topic is 5923 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m using DirectX7. I''m familiar with DirectDraw, DirectInput, DirectSound. I''ve been looking for tutorials on Direct3D (I don''t know anything about D3D) using DirectX7, not much luck so far. I''ve been looking for a tutorial/code for the most basic Direct3D app that I could build on to start with (like just rendering a wireframe cube or something). Mostly I''m interested in doing more work with the stuff I know and doing a little D3D stuff on the side. Any suggestions? "A man can''t just sit around." ''Lawn Chair'' Larry Walters (1982)

Advertisement
There''s a book called Sams Teach Yourself DirectX 7 in 24 Hours which I started out from and that was really good for learning d3d. There are other books out there but this one I found was pretty good. I hope that helps

Yeah, I've got that one. I've been going with that. Sort of "reverse engineering" the code, from object oriented to C/procedural version (and using incremental development). Usually the best way for me to learn something new like that is to do it all over again (break it apart and then put it all back together).
So far (incrementally), the .exe I've got initializes and cleans up the D3D stuff. Haven't had time to get much beyond that yet.

"A man can't just sit around." 'Lawn Chair' Larry Walters (1982)

[edited by - Tracy on July 1, 2002 8:22:08 PM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!