• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Control other apps's button / dialog handle ?

This topic is 5716 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am writing a little program to learn how to control or get info from other programs (for my other program I made a very simple windows app with a menu, text boxes and buttons). So, for example, I can get the "title" from the other app: HWND hwndapp = FindWindow("classname",NULL); GetWindowText(hwndapp,title,sizeof(title)); cout << title; or run a menu item from the other app... #1. My first question is how to control buttons in the other app from my program (like simulating an OK or CANCEL press)? Im guessing it will be done using "SendMessage(" , but I am not sure how to get the handle to the button and what the message is (maybe BN_CLICKED or BM_SETSTATE?) #2. And my second question is how do you get a handle to a dialog (like when you run SPY++ and see "#32770 (Dialog)" as the class name), so I can do the same things as to the main window (getting title, pressing buttons). If you could help me out with either question, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Advertisement
nevermind i got it...

pressing a button is:

HWND hbtnNext = GetDlgItem(hwndPRO, 12324); //12324 is the ID
PostMessage(hbtnNext, WM_LBUTTONDOWN, 0, MAKELONG(10, 5)); // wParam, lParam = x,y
PostMessage(hbtnNext, WM_LBUTTONUP, 0, MAKELONG(10, 5));

and dialog handle is:

HWND hwndPRO = FindWindow(0, "Title of window");

• Advertisement