• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game Design

This topic is 5682 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have three question to ask: 1. What is game engine? 2. Can you tell me the general articheture of online RPG game? 3. How to identify the objects in the online RPG game?

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
STFW

Ok, although the above answer is a good one, I would add that searching these forums using the forum search button is also a good idea. This is not the place for newbie questions though, so I suggest you try the ''For Beginners'' forum if these answers aren''t enough for you to work from.

1. The game engine is the game''s code. Or to put it another way, it''s everything in the game except the content (which is art, sound, music, models, etc).

2. Online RPG games almost exclusively use the client-server networking architecture for networking. For other subsystems such as graphics, gameplay, scripting, file access, they use whichever method suits them. The question is too general to answer.

3. This all depends on what you mean by ''identify''. Objects are usually stored as a struct or class in the programming language used. They may additionally be stored in a database on the server.

[ MSVC Fixes | STL | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost | Asking Questions | Organising code files ]

• Advertisement