• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 DXSound Questions

This topic is 5772 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

HI! My first DXSound Question: What about the 3 Options of the DXSound Component. They aren''t descriped in the help file and I don''t know what they mean, I can only switch them to true or false. My 2nd When I play the waves of my wavelist, I can hear the most, but some waves never play. Why is that? Thanks in advance Firlefanz

Advertisement
What options are you talking about?
StickyFocus/ModalFocus are to do with whether the DirectSound object is still active when the program is in the background, I think.

There are 3 Options:

soglobalfocus,
sostickyfocus,
soexclusiv.

I don''t know what they mean, please help.
And I have another problem with the sound:

I have a dxwavelist, and there are 24 very very small sounds in it. i run the program, and can hear my sounds, then i add one more, and i cannot hear wave no 22 anymore, i take the new sound away and it works. i take an other sound and put it in my list and everything is fine. i think the dxwavelist is a bit buggy?

thanks in advance
firlefanz

What you could try is placing the waves in a wavelist and load that wavelist at run time. That seems to solve my problems with imagelist, so it may do the same for a wavelist.

Thanks for the clue, but I do that already. But I can hear some waves, and then I change something in the wavelist, and I can''t hear them anymore. and I would really like to know, what these 3 options are for...

• Advertisement