Something old, new again...

Started by
1 comment, last by Luhar II 21 years, 9 months ago
A year or so ago, I read an article that mentioned doing a modern 3D version of the classic game Archon. I thought this was a really cool idea and I''ve been thinking about it ever since. The idea of having a main chess-like game where each square can be fought over in a separate mini-game is very appealing. But it doesn''t have to be limited to just battles. The mini-game could be... well... anything: FPS battles in a variety of environments, party games a la Fuzion Frenzy, puzzle games, sports, etc... (a 3D version of Tron''s light cycles would be pretty cool.) A plug-in system could be designed for the game that would allow other developers to create their own mini-games. The possibilities are endless! Comments? Suggestions? Luhar Luhar *********************** Unhand thy gigglestick!
Luhar***********************Unhand thy gigglestick!
Advertisement
You could pick your characters from a list of availables, and then when you attack another square you choose what kind of challenge you use against it...

Brilliant!

George D. Filiotis
Are you in support of the ban of Dihydrogen Monoxide? You should be!
Geordi
George D. Filiotis
I think I read about a game that is like a 3D version of Archon coming out for the X-Box. I can''t remember where (check gamespy and\or gamespot) and I can''t remember the name, but it looked pretty cool.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement