• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tkmagic55

Draw TBitmap in DelphiX

This topic is 5982 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello What''s the best (fastest) way to draw a TBitmap (created in runtime) on a surface? The Tbitmap have a color that should be transparent. If I use .Draw(X,Y,TBitmap), I don''t get the transparency. If I use .BrushCopy(...), everything work but it''s very slow. Thanks / Tommy

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Sounds like you need to add the bitmap to a DXImageList and do the draw from there.

As long as you do not create a DirectDrawSurface for your Bitmap, every attempt to draw a bitmap on a Surface will work like this:

1. Lock the surface
2. Get the Surface''s DeviceContext
3. Perform a BitBlt
4. Unlock the surface

This is obviously very slow and it does not support transparency as long as you use a complex masking system that would slow everything down even more.

So you now have to possibilities
1. Add your bitmap to the DXImageList and draw it from there (this way, your bitmap will have its own DirectDrawSurface)
2. Create an external DirectDrawSurface, draw the bitmap on it and then FastBlt this surface onto the DXDraw surface. This solution is a lot more complicated and not very pretty either.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!