measuring velocity & acceleration for dead reckoning

Started by
1 comment, last by nckchan 21 years, 9 months ago
Hi, I''m using the dead reckoning to predict the objects'' movement. All the movement of the objects are controlled by a computer using random velocity. I can''t measure the velocity and the acceleration accurately. Can someone propose some methods to measure them??? Thx!!! William
chikit
Advertisement
I believe most people do it with two different vectors. The velocity vector will more or less the the direction and velocity of the object. It could actually be used to point exactly from the objects center to where the object should be after 1 second of continous travel. The acceleration vector shows in which direction the forces against theobject are pushing it. For instance a car usually accelerates forward. Although in some cases, such as a ball being thrown straight up, this won''t be the case. Its acceleration is always the force gravity and wind put on it. So even though it''s Velocity vector is pointing up, the acceleration will be pointing down meaning its stopping.

If this didn''t help you much please be a bit more specific with the question and I''ll try again.

~Vendayan
"Never have a battle of wits with an unarmed man. He will surely attempt to disarm you as well"~Vendayan
Thx for reply
I know I should get the velocity vector and the acceleration vecotr but I don''t know how to get an accurate vectors of an moving object. The ripple occurs due to the incorrect velocity and acceleration.
chikit

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement