• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for a Direct3D GUI

This topic is 5685 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

As my game evolves, I''m finding that I''ll be needing some GUI controls such as list boxes, text entry boxes, static text, push-buttons etc. Of course I''d like them to be appealing and not just Windows common controls. Semi-transparent GUI windows would be super. Something that would be useful on top of 3D rendering. I hate to reinvent such a thing from scratch though. It would be using a lot of time to create something that is mostly a standard design with common functional requirements. Does anyone know of any open source that implements GUIs in Direct3D to good effect? I''d even be willing to pay for something that is implemented well. Value of good ideas: 10 cents per dozen. Implementation of the good ideas: Priceless. Proxima Rebellion - A 3D action sim with a hint of strategy

Advertisement
I do believe that mvps.com has an example on how to use DX for GUI, I haven''t tried it but I think it might be something like what you''re looking for, visit: http://www.mvps.com/directx/ and enter the scrapyard (non tutorialiazed or non finished DX projects)

Regards Fredrik

• Advertisement