• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

milkshape 3d models

This topic is 5110 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Where can I get different milkshape 3d models with animation to my 3d game? I can''t find anything with search engines,maybe someone knows such place with some models? I need human (male or female) models with animation of walking, jumping etc... and maybe cats,dogs models to walk around and bark on people I also can''t convert md2 models to milkshape format while keeping the animation from md2. Anyone can help?

Advertisement
You''ll be lucky if you can avoid both getting a graphics artist to do the work for you & getting your hands dirty in graphics work. IMO

I think this is probably the wrong place to be looking for information about problems with Milkshape MD2 plugin. I would not expect most of the visitors to this site to play around much with Milkshape.

Guest Anonymous Poster
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=milkshape+3d+models+&btnG=Google+Search

It''s rather easy to do in Milkshape..,
Get the model you want, and import an half-life skeleton to it.,
Attach the skeleton to the model, then just choose one of the *.smd animations available ( there are tons of those , just decompile an half-life model ) , and it''s done

Bruno

I''d like to revive this topic

I have an half life ".MDL" models and I want to translate them into the DirectX ".X" file format. Now, I know I can use MilkShape 3D to decompile the ".MDL" files into many ".SMD" (usually one for every animation plus one for the model itself), but I don''t know how to export them into one ".X" file.

The only ".SMD" file that I have managed to export was the model vertex data file. I didn''t succeed with the animation files (because they are empty of vertex data).

Can you help?

Shlomi.

• Advertisement