• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3D Models

This topic is 5683 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Whats a good 3D Model program to use to create my own models for my app, or is it better just to use vertices? Also does anyone know when loading these models creating in other programs (such as 3DMax), are vertices arrange clockwise or counterclockise for culling? Thanks for any help...

Advertisement
Milkshape 3d is the biggest and best freeware modeling package in use. Theres no reason for one person to buy a commercial one anyway, unless they have thousands of dollars to blow.

except for the minor fact that its not freeware, its shareware. after 30days or so, you have to register it to keep using it. I think its around 29$ for registration.

Check out http://www.gametutorials.com they have some code that loads diffrent models like 3ds and stuff you could look that that. for some info.

PS - most Models formats do store face's vertices in culling order but sometimes you may reverse their order.

[edited by - Xero-X2 on June 29, 2002 6:35:58 PM]

• Advertisement