• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Our Demo.

This topic is 5715 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everyone, My self and "weasalmongler" are working on a battle simulation game at the moment. It will involve tanks, aircrafts and various weapons... We are posting our work so far on the engine, for you to evaluate and to make recommendations on.. thank you for your time. Demo

Advertisement
There are two reasons I am posting this.... one is coz I''m the second developer and want to be in on the action . The second is for our help. The framerate that the game is running is located on one of the hills, near the edge of the map. Could you maybe tell us this in your feedback please.

Please leave your computer specs and resolution you were running it at. As SporadicFire said, thanks for your time, we really appriciate this.

- Weasalmongler

Um..a list of controls or something would be nice. Would it hurt you to pack a simply text file with some instructions?

Bagh. I''m estimating this framerate at about 0.5/s. I''m running a 2.2 ghz Intel with a GF4 Ti 4400 card.

I tap left, and it takes about 3 seconds to rotate left. Same with any other controls.

By the way, the up/down controls don''t do anything. Nothing happens when I try to move forward or backward.

dont know why its happening on your system.. what Operating SYstem do you have? It works fine on mine and weasel monglers''s systems (even though they are much slower than yours)..its written in OpenGL, do you know if your system has problems running openGL games?

OK, thats very odd. It works fine on my system and thats:

PIII 750 MHz
256 MB RAM
GeForce 256 32MB
Win 98 SE

We''ll look into it, but we need more info about your computer.
What OS do you have? What resolution are you running it at?

- Weasalmongler

• P4 2.2 ghz
  • 512 mb ram
  • GeForce4 Ti 4400
  • Windows 2000

I ran your demo at 640x480x16. No, I have no problems with OpenGL, or any OpenGL games.

OK, that is very odd. Your system is very similar to Sporadic Fires. Maybe you could update your detenator drivers? That might fix it (though it is unlikely). Its not a particularly intensive demo, and we have been discussing it. Nobody else on similar systems has had any trouble. We are very confused, and will try and sort out the problem, but in the meantime I recommend updating drivers and telling us the results (if its not too much trouble). Thanks.

- Weasalmongler

Guest Anonymous Poster
hey Weasalmongler and Spordicfire, i just want to tell you that I''ve tried your game and I think its fantastic! to all you computer game lovers out there, try this, its sooo good! Take a good look at the graphics (but still pay attention to the game! :D). So to you two creaters, bravo and keep it up! If this is a prelim, i can''t wait for the real thing :D

Works very nicely on my 870mhz, GeForce 2 Ultra

60fps avg.

-AfroFire

[edited by - AfroFire on June 29, 2002 7:05:32 PM]

Played the demo, sweet game packed in a small package
Great game engine, smooth gameplay with good texture mapping
I suggest ppl who like top view shooter try this game, you won''t regret it

Keep up the good work guys, this game should turn out very well after its completed.

hmm the demo doesnt work for me because my STB nVidia TNT 16mb card doesnt support multi-texturing

[edited by - Samith on June 29, 2002 8:07:11 PM]

~50fps
1.6GHz Athlon XP
256MB PC2700
32MB Geforce2 GTS

I have the debug build of DirectX8.1 installed.

There were alot of instabilities in the motion - it kept sending me back to the same corner all the time.

Ok, here we go...

Athlon XP 2100+ / GF3Ti500 / Win2K : Crashed (white screen, had to reboot)!

Athlon XP 2100+ / GF3Ti500 / Win98 : between 80 and 140fps

PIII-910 / GF4MX-440 / Win98 : between 50 and 100fps

Athlon 1333Mhz / Kyro II / Win98 : A slideshow (maybe 1 fps)...and the controls didn''t work, so moving forward was impossible (rotations were ok, but not fun at that framerate).

Hope this helps.

between 20-30 fps

P3-866
Win98
512MB PC-133 RAM
ATI All-in-Wonder Radeon (32MB DDR)

Guest Anonymous Poster
30 FPS
on a:
P3-600
256MB PC100
GeForce3 Ti200
WinXP

For those whose computers seem to run it unreasonably slow, try switching from 16 bit color to 32 bit. If the program uses the stencil buffer, it may have to be emulated in software in 16 bit color mode.

-- Zeno

Nice demo. It avgerages 60 fps on my system:

1 Ghz Athlon
256 MB RAM
Geforce2 MX 32 MB

i get about 6fps, heres my specs:

amd athlon 1.2ghz
256 megs sdram
128mb radeon 8500le

I get between 10-35 fps.

p3 866
320 mb SDRAM