• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wachar

DirectX book?

This topic is 5960 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Could anyone give me a good DirectX book that is fit for new-ones to DX?
K I L A H M A N J A R O !

Advertisement
Heh. If you want to learn 2D with DirectGraphics (Direct 8.0 and later) I recommend this book: 2D in Direct3D. It''s good for a beginner. But to understand this, you have to know already how to setup a window box. This is after all a focus book.

If you want to learn 3D stuff, then I don''t know which book is good. I''ve heard about the Zen of 3D game programming but I don''t have that book.

The Zen of Direct3D Game programming is a very good book, it goes perfectly with Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus as well.

------------------------------
BASIC programmers don''t die, they just GOSUB and don''t return.

Guest Anonymous Poster
What''s wrong with TOTWGPG anyway?

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!