DirectX in VB

Started by
7 comments, last by BMB 21 years, 9 months ago
I am new to game programming, but have a knoledge of programming in VB. I need to find somwhere to learn DirectX in VB. Every book I found teaces only the C++ side. Any recomendations?
Advertisement
The DirectX Software Development Kit (SDK) downloaded from Microsoft contains tutorials on VB DirectX programming and sample source.

"So many ideas! Never enough time!"
I tried the SDK, but it was to big for me to download.
to develop with directx you are going to have to download the sdk anyway.

kezz
-------------------------0 A.D.
there is a book by Jonathan Harbour, "Writing DirectX Games in Visual Basic" , or a similiar title.. i''m working my way thru it at the moment and it''s very good
Couple of links for you:

www.directx4vb.com (very comprehensive)

www.rookscape.com/vbgaming (good beginners message board)

www.vbexplorer.com (another great beginner''s resource)

You don''t need the SDK to develop stuff, but it is highly recommended and people will get annoyed if you ask questions which are already answered in the SDK. Do yourself a favour and get it

Trying is the first step towards failure.
Trying is the first step towards failure.
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
there is a book by Jonathan Harbour, "Writing DirectX Games in Visual Basic" , or a similiar title.. i''m working my way thru it at the moment and it''s very good

Actually, the title is Visual Basic Game Programming with DirectX, and it IS by Jonathan Harbour. I''ve read it already, and learned a lot from it. I highly recommend it- it''s a really really good book.

Grant Palin
Grant Palin
There is a series of three tutorials by Jack Hoxley (spelling?) on this site under ''articles and resources'', they teach basic d3d8 setup, Vertex and Indice buffers.

,Jay
never mind some ones already said it

[edited by - kezz on June 30, 2002 5:20:04 PM]
-------------------------0 A.D.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement