• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TDragon

SDL_image problems

This topic is 5867 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m trying to get SDL_image-1.2.2 to work with SDL-1.2.4 and Mingw32/GCC. I can''t do a full object file compile without getting an error saying the WinMain() function is missing; when I stop the compiler at the object file level with the -c switch, it works all right but then gives error messages when I link the files (in library form) to another program, it gives compile-time errors saying that the SDL_SetError() function is missing. Here are the compiling command-lines: .c file to .o file, full compile: gcc IMG.c -o img.o -lsdl (doesn''t work) .c file to .o file, compile break: gcc IMG.c -c -lsdl (works) .o files to .a file: ar rc libimage.a *sdl_image object files* (works) .c file to .exe file: gcc program.c -o program.exe -lsdl -limage (doesn''t work) So, do I need to download a later version of something? Do I need to link different files, or what? Twilight Dragon Win32 API Expert www.freewebz.com/j-world

Advertisement
I know my main function in program.c has all the params; that''s definitely not the problem. The IMG.c file has no main function; it''s not supposed to.

Twilight Dragon
Win32 API Expert
www.freewebz.com/j-world

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!